Friday, June 14, 2013

Celebrate PRIDE Week! Easy things YOU can do to show support for PRIDE!


It's that time again!

Time to get out our rainbow paraphernalia and lend our support to friends and family who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, or something in between. It's PRIDE WEEK!

I hear you asking:

But what if I don't have time to go to my nearest urban area and walk in the parade?

What if I'm allergic to glitter?

What if I don't dance and/or hate crowds due to crippling social anxiety?

What if I'm not ready to fully come out of the closet as an LGBT ally? I mean, what if my pastor sees me, man?

Fear not!

Delilah Fawkes has some easy, convenient, and dare I say FUN ways to show your support for pride week:


  • Donate some money to The Human Rights Campaign by clicking hereThey're a great organization working for equal rights and ending discrimination for gay, lesbian, bi and transgendered people, including ending bullying in schools.

You can even support them by buying cool stuff, like this super cute LOVE EQUAL bracelet! They have a lot of inexpensive items that make great gifts, and 100% of merchandise proceeds goes to helping the Human Rights Campaign. Win/win!


  • Pass around this hilariously incredible music video, "It Gets Better," by Rebecca Drysdale.

Seriously, it has lines like this:

"It gets better! One day you'll look back, and you won't give a fuck... When you're swimmin' through your Pussy Vault like Scrooge Fuckin' McDuck." Pure Shakespeare. 

Just try to watch this and NOT hum along to it for the rest of the day, I dare you. 

Share this awesome video on your Facebook or Twitter and pass along the message to kids who are victims of bullying, that it really will get better.


  • Give a shout out to your favorite LGBT celebrity! 
I'm pretty sure you could throw a stick in Hollywood and hit about six LGBT peeps, so it shouldn't be difficult. 

I mean, come ON. Don't we all at least have a soft spot for George Takai?

Look at this adorable man. I wish he was my grandpa.

Tweet, Facebook, Pinterest, etc, a note of appreciation, and show your solidarity!



These are just a few easy ideas to get you started :). Go celebrate however you please!

Hug that person in your life who you know is LGBT, or maybe even just change your profile pic to a rainbow flag this week. Donate, volunteer, or go dance in the streets and show you are a person who cares about human rights, and is on the right side of history.

It's good to be a loving human being. I think we can all get behind that :). Especially us hopeless romantics.

Happy Pride to all of my fabulous readers!

Tell me--are you doing anything for Pride Week, or have you already done something awesome? Leave it in the comments and give other folks ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what's going on in that dirty brain of yours!